Do I have a Pool Leak or Evaporation?
If you are unsure if your water loss is from normal evaporation or a leak in the pool, a simple bucket test can give you the answer.
Follow these steps:
- Get the pool to it’s normal water level
- Take a 5 gallon bucket, place it on first or second step of the pool (at least 3/4 of the bucket should be submerged) and fill 3/4 of the way with water from the pool
- Use a marker or tape to mark the water level of the pool on the outside of the bucket; then mark the water level on the inside of the bucket
- Let everything sit for 24 hrs. (do not use pool or add water to it)
- After 24 hrs., compare the water levels on the outside and inside of the bucket. If the pool water level (outside the bucket) is lower than the water level inside the bucket, you more than likely have a pool leak.